Monday, 14 July 2014

The Bonnie bonnie banks of Mooney's Bay

July 14, 2014
Well, there's a joke that says "When does God laugh? When men make plans!" If that is the case, He was rip-roaring laughing today 'cause I'd planned to have finished packing yesterday and yet my suitcase is still in storage, not a lick of anything in it yet and it's after midnight! We McNabs just don't pack in advance.....there's somewhat of an unintentional tradition of procrastination, I think..... the adrenaline rush that comes from last minute packing seems to make the trip all that more exciting! My plane doesn't leave til 4pm tomorrow, though, so I guess I'll have all morning to finish if I don't get to it tonight. I'm still wired for sound, though, so I have a few good hours of work in me yet. Yes, I'm still on my work schedule: to bed around 1am and up before 6am. Eventually I'll get into the summertime schedule of sleeping in til 7 or 8.....probably just around the end of Aug ;)

Today I cleared out the last of my things from NDDHS. My work area just looked dead - like an abandoned western mining town when I looked back at it. I had brought my camera thinking I'd take a pic for posterity but just didn't have the heart.....it would be like taking a pic of a skeleton. It sure was good to clear out all those exemplars, though! I found some from as far back as when I taught an OAC class! I refused to take it all home, though, and was able to recycle over 4 boxes of stuff. How refreshing! I think everyone should move half-way through their career so they'll sort things that otherwise might just never get sorted before retirement. ;)

After all that purging, I went to the bank and then massage therapist. (Thank you MM!- I needed that!) :) It was time to run some errands after that, mailing off things, purchasing last minute things for Scotland, etc.. Finally, I met up with one of my travel buddies (TW) and we took a stroll along Mooney's Bay. The sun was setting as we left, so I grabbed this shot. It reminded me of the song "Loch Lomond" and I've been singing it  all evening.

Bye-bye, Ottawa...... What a beautiful city we live in!




No comments:

Post a Comment